- Return flights to Zanzibar ex Johannesburg
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights accommodation in a Standard Room at the 4-star My Blue Hotel
- All Inclusive meal basis
- Welcome drink, afternoon tea, soft drinks & water, wine, local beer & local spirits from 10h00 to 22h00, cocktails, American coffee & tea. A late light breakfast service is available at the pool bar from 10h00 to 12 noon.
Travel dates and rates:
20 Jan – 28 Feb 2019
From R16 335 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R17 545
01 Mar – 31 Mar 2019
From R15 720 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R16 930
01 Apr – 30 Apr 2019
From R15 105 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R16 315
01 Jun – 20 July 2019
From R15 105 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R16 315
AIRFARE SURCHARGES & CONDITIONS
This fare level is determined by Mango’s yield management of their seats and is not a set fare level but rather subject to the load factor booked on a specific date. A peak season supplement applies for travel 12 December 2018 – 19 January 2019
We Value Your Business – Price Match Commitment!
If you find a better price online, please send us a copy of the online price and we will endeavour to match the rate.
Please request an updated quotation.
Honeymoon Value Adds:
Welcome letter, bed decoration on arrival, fruit platter on arrival, mini bar stocked with soft drinks on arrival
late check out (subject to availability), romantic dinner on the beach, room upgrade at check-in (subject to availability)
Your visa which is obtained on arrival.
Zanzibar is a Malaria area and precautions are recommended.
Terms and Conditions:
- All pricing is per person sharing unless otherwise stated
- Blackout dates and seasonal surcharges may apply depending on the date of travel
- Prices are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside of our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases
- Prices are provided as a guideline, please contact us before choosing your holiday package and we will happily provide you with a written quotation for your specific travel requirements
- Leisure Island Holidays reserves the right to correct any pricing errors or omissions (E&OE)
- Terms and conditions apply. See the link at the bottom of our site for further T&C
North coast, Nungwi
• 25 Standard Rooms on the ground floor
• 36 Deluxe rooms on the first floor
• 14 Mini Suites on the ground and first floors
• 10 Villas on the ground floor
• 12 Ocean View rooms on the ground and first floors
• Air conditioning
• Mosquito nets
• Mini safe
• Satellite TV
• Mini fridge
• Hair dryer
• Tea and coffee facilities (Mini Suites and Ocean View Rooms only)
The resort has 3 restaurants.
The Ali Baba Restaurant serving a la carte menus and traditional shisha pipes.Sawa Sawa, the main pool bar is open from 10h00 and also serves light breakfasts and afternoon tea.
The Beach Bio Bar on the beach serves fresh smoothies and fruit salads.
• Welcome drink
• daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the main restaurant
• afternoon tea
• soft drinks and water, wine, local beer and local spirits from 10h00 to 22h00, cocktails, American coffee and tea
• A late light breakfast service is available at the pool bar from 10h00 to 12h00.
FACILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
• Swimming pool
• Fitness centre
• Billiards, darts, table tennis, table football
• Beach Volley
• Children’s playground
• Conference Facilities
• Diving, fishing and snorkelling excursions can be arranged
• Complimentary Wi-Fi in common areas
• 2 Spa cabins
• Evening entertainment
Follow the trail of the sultans, slaves and explorers in the winding streets of Stone Town. Revisit the history of Zanzibar in this treasure trove town and learn about the events that shaped Zanzibar. This walking tour provides you with a window into modern life in Stone Town. This tour is very flexible and can be adapted to suit your interest and time.
The Sultan Panorama Tour is ideal for visitors with little time wishing to experience a bit of everything Zanzibar has to offer. A full day excursion, starting in Stone Town, with visits to the old slave market, Darajani market, a spice farm and a local village. Cooking, weaving, building houses and playing with the children,
you’ll have chance to see what life is like for Zanzibar citizens.
An informative and action packed day, this tour gives a taste of everything found in all other Zanzibar excursions and is strongly recommended as a first excursion.
Prison Island gets its name from the prison built to condemn Zanzibar citizens to the isolation of the island. Previously owned by an Arab to house his rebellious slaves, the prison was never used, and the island is now home to a tortoise sanctuary, prison ruins and hotel. Prison Island is 20 minutes from Stone Town by boat and is surrounded by a spectacular coral reef. For the more active, there is a hiking trail.
In days past, Zanzibar was known as a spice island, exporting cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world.
The spices were brought over from Asia and South America and flourished in the tropical Zanzibar climate. Today the
plantations are a tribute to the island’s past – walk through the spice farm with your guide whilst you touch, smell and taste different spices and tropical fruits. A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the opportunity to try some Swahili dishes.
In the south of the island, Jozani Forest is a wonder and delight, with tales of Zanzibar leopards, medicinal cures and beautiful scenery. The forest is home to a number of endemic species, including the Zanzibar Red Colobus Monkey. Your guide will take you on a nature trail, lined with eucalyptus and mahogany trees and explain the medicinal properties of various plants. Learn about the various animal species, birds and reptiles that make their home
in the various habitats of this tropical rainforest. The mangrove boardwalk takes you above the swamp, where, depending on the tide, you can see tropical fish flitting between the mangrove roots and crabs scuttling across.
Sunset Dolphin Dhow Cruises
The Original Dhow Safaris operates the spectacular Sunset Dolphin Cruise in one of Zanzibar’s truly unique dhows, used for centuries to navigate the coast of Africa. Experience one of the most romantic sights in the world as pods of dolphins glide through the water. Enjoy traditional canapés with a glass or wine or beer during the two hour dhow cruise.
Sand Bank Picnic
Set sail towards Prison Island. Watch giant tortoises shuffle through the trees, discover the amazing underwater sea life before heading off to the sand bank, a seemingly uninhabited and quiet bank in the ocean which suddenly comes to life with millions of birds flying overhead and ghost crabs scurrying across the golden sands. After lunch relax on the sandbank listening to the hush of waves lapping against the shore. For the more active visitor, discover more of the breathtaking underwater life around the sandbank, before slowly sailing back to Stone Town.