- Return flights to Zanzibar ex Johannesburg
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights accommodation in a Deluxe Room at the 5-star Dream of Zanzibar
- All meals and selected beverages
- Water gym, canoes, beach volley, football, darts, billiards & table tennis. Evening entertainment program
Travel dates and rates:
20 Jan – 28 Feb 2019
From R26 710 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R27 920
Apr – May 2019
From R17 980 + approx taxes of R1210. Total R19 190
From R19 680 + approx taxes of R1210. Total R20 890
From R21 980 + approx taxes of R1210. Total R23 190
AIRFARE SURCHARGES & CONDITIONS
This fare level is determined by Mango’s yield management of their seats and is not a set fare level but rather subject to the load factor booked on a specific date.
A peak season supplement applies for travel 12 December 2018 – 19 January 2019
We Value Your Business – Price Match Commitment!
If you find a better price online, please send us a copy of the online price and we will endeavour to match the rate.
20 Jan – 28 Feb 2019
From R26 710 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R27 920
*10% Honeymoon Discount included
Honeymoon Value Add’s:
Complimentary 30 minutes massage at Dream Spa for 2, bottle of sparkling wine in room on arrival, flowers in room on arrival,
a la carte romantic dinner for 2, complimentary room upgrade at check-in (subject to availability)
(Valid within 6 months of marriage)
Your visa which is obtained on arrival.
Zanzibar is a Malaria area and precautions are recommended.
Terms and Conditions:
- All pricing is per person sharing unless otherwise stated
- Blackout dates and seasonal surcharges may apply depending on the date of travel
- Prices are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside of our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases
- Prices are provided as a guideline, please contact us before choosing your holiday package and we will happily provide you with a written quotation for your specific travel requirements
- Leisure Island Holidays reserves the right to correct any pricing errors or omissions (E&OE)
- Terms and conditions apply. See the link at the bottom of our site for further T&C
Of all the magical hotels in Zanzibar, Diamonds Dream of Zanzibar is undoubtedly amongst the best. Built with stunning authenticity in the Arab-African style, you’ll feel transported to a long-ago world, but with all the modern comforts expected from a luxury resorts. Treat yourself to a cocktail on the spotless beach before immersing yourself in the warm Indian Ocean, and relax in true Arabian Nights luxury.
Zanzibar East Coast, Pwani Machangani.
Tanzanian Shilling, US Dollars are also accepted.
- 104 Deluxe Rooms
- 40 Junior Suites with Sea View
- 10 Jacuzzi Junior Suites with Sea View
- 3 Sea front Beach Villas with Jacuzzi, private pool, a separate living room and a spacious private terrace.
- Individual climate control and ceiling fan
- IDD telephone
- Internet access (with cable)
- TV with satellite channels
- DVD and CD player
- Stocked Mini bar
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Digital in room personal safe
- Shaver plug point
- Electricity 220V 50 Hz
- Cape to Venice Brasserie
With indoor (air conditioned) and outdoor dining facilities offers lavish buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Special theme nights are organized on a weekly basis with menu featuring light and tasty international cuisine with fresh sashimi and sushi, and favourite local dishes.
- The Andiamo Pizza Food Co.
Open for dinner, serves all inclusive fresh pizza and healthy food with fish and meat cooked on the grill and in the Indian Tandoor oven. Also available are salads, desserts and snacks with wine, beer, soft drinks and juices.
- Blue Vanilla a’ la carte restaurant (At a supplement) The finest luxury a’ la carte restaurant offers seafood and fusion cuisine, refreshing cocktails in a refined and peaceful ambience, open for dinner only.
- Boma and Chop Sticks Restaurants Regional and local African dishes are served at the all inclusive Boma Restaurant for dinner while Asian Noodle and Rice Specialities can be tasted at the all inclusive “Chop Sticks” Restaurant for lunch.
- The Kokosnuss Bar and Mama Pawpaw Bar
Located around the beach, they offer cool drinks and snacks throughout the day, tea and cakes in the afternoon and a variety of cocktails and local spirits in the evening after 6 pm. Open from 10 am to midnight.
- The Le Souk Bar
Located near the Kasbah square, this is the place to meet for your favourite drinks during sunset or after dinner to relax or enjoy the entertainment program tasting oriental tea, coffee, nargili, snacks and pastries. Open from 10 am to 6 pm.
Resort facilities and activities:
Water sports and activities (some at a charge)
- Multi-sports court
- Tennis court
- Beach volley
- Beach soccer
- 24-hour reception and concierge
- Currency exchange
- Internet access
- International credit cards accepted
- Laundry/valet service 7 days a week
- Pressing service 24hrs
- Connecting rooms
- Babysitter on request
- First aid in house clinic and doctor on call
- Animals on request with prior reservation
- Free parking.
Follow the trail of the sultans, slaves and explorers in the winding streets of Stone Town. Revisit the history of Zanzibar in this treasure trove town and learn about the events that shaped Zanzibar. This walking tour provides you with a window into modern life in Stone Town. This tour is very flexible and can be adapted to suit your interest and time.
The Sultan Panorama Tour is ideal for visitors with little time wishing to experience a bit of everything Zanzibar has to offer. A full day excursion, starting in Stone Town, with visits to the old slave market, Darajani market, a spice farm and a local village. Cooking, weaving, building houses and playing with the children, you’ll have chance to see what life is like for Zanzibar citizens.
An informative and action packed day, this tour gives a taste of everything found in all other Zanzibar excursions and is strongly recommended as a first excursion.
Prison Island gets its name from the prison built to condemn Zanzibar citizens to the isolation of the island. Previously owned by an Arab to house his rebellious slaves, the prison was never used, and the island is now home to a tortoise sanctuary, prison ruins and hotel. Prison Island is 20 minutes from Stone Town by boat and is surrounded by a spectacular coral reef. For the more active, there is a hiking trail.
In days past, Zanzibar was known as a spice island, exporting cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world. The spices were brought over from Asia and South America and flourished in the tropical Zanzibar climate. Today the
plantations are a tribute to the island’s past – walk through the spice farm with your guide whilst you touch, smell and taste different spices and tropical fruits. A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the opportunity to try some Swahili dishes.
In the south of the island, Jozani Forest is a wonder and delight, with tales of Zanzibar leopards, medicinal cures and beautiful scenery. The forest is home to a number of endemic species, including the Zanzibar Red Colobus Monkey. Your guide will take you on a nature trail, lined with eucalyptus and mahogany trees and explain the medicinal properties of various plants. Learn about the various animal species, birds and reptiles that make their home in the various habitats of this tropical rainforest. The mangrove boardwalk takes you above the swamp, where, depending on the tide, you can see tropical fish flitting between the mangrove roots and crabs scuttling across.
Sunset Dolphin Dhow Cruises
The Original Dhow Safaris operates the spectacular Sunset Dolphin Cruise in one of Zanzibar’s truly unique dhows, used for centuries to navigate the coast of Africa. Experience one of the most romantic sights in the world as pods of dolphins glide through the water. Enjoy traditional canapés with a glass or wine or beer during the two hour dhow cruise.
Sand Bank Picnic
Set sail towards Prison Island. Watch giant tortoises shuffle through the trees, discover the amazing underwater sea life before heading off to the sand bank, a seemingly uninhabited and quiet bank in the ocean which suddenly comes to life with millions of birds flying overhead and ghost crabs scurrying across the golden sands. After lunch relax on the sandbank listening to the hush of waves lapping against the shore. For the more active visitor, discover more of the breathtaking underwater life around the sandbank, before slowly sailing back to Stone Town.