- Return flights on Mango Airlines to Zanzibar ex Johannesburg
- Return airport/hotel transfers
- 7 nights accommodation in a Melia Garden Room
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner & selected drinks daily
- Selected snacks from 10h00 to 00h00, use of fitness centre & gym, shuttle service to Gabi Beach, evening entertainment & complimentary
- Wifi in the main building
- Complimentary kayaks at Gabi Beach
Travel dates and rates:
01 Nov – 24 Nov 2019
From R25 080 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R26 290
*20% Early Bird Discount included – Book by 15 September
01 Dec – 21 Dec 2019
From R28 680 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R29 890
*20% Early Bird Discount included – Book by 15 September
22 Dec – 06 Jan 2020
From R46 080 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R47 290
07 Jan – 29 Feb 2020
From R22 080 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R23 290
*15% Early Bird Discount included – Book by 30 November
NEW – LEISURE ISLAND HOLIDAYS – MEMBERSHIP CLUB!
Few things in life beat a Tropical Island Holiday. The joy of escaping the everyday, finding your fun in the sun and spending quality time with your loved ones is priceless. Above all, Leisure Island Holidays Membership Club gives you the chance to truly enjoy a setting that is Paradise.
Leisure Island Holidays Membership Club allows you to receive your Tropical Island Holiday package @COST, making it a unique concept in island travel! Receive your affordable Tropical Island Holiday at Cost & Save thousands in Rand!!
Don’t delay, Join Today!
We Value Your Business – Price Match Commitment!
If you find a better price online, please send us a copy of the online price and we will endeavour to match the rate.
Please request an updated quotation.
Honeymoon Value Adds:
Your visa which is obtained on arrival.
Zanzibar is a Malaria area and precautions are recommended.
Terms and Conditions:
- All pricing is per person sharing unless otherwise stated
- Blackout dates and seasonal surcharges may apply depending on the date of travel
- Prices are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside of our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases
- Prices are provided as a guideline, please contact us before choosing your holiday package and we will happily provide you with a written quotation for your specific travel requirements
- Leisure Island Holidays reserves the right to correct any pricing errors or omissions (E&OE)
- Terms and conditions apply. See the link at the bottom of our site for further T&C
Melia Zanzibar is a luxury All Inclusive 5 Star beach resort situated on the North East Coast of the exotic island of Zanzibar.
The resort is located on a 40 acre estate and has a 300 metre long beach of white sand, lapped by warm ocean waters providing safe swimming, great snorkelling and plenty of space to soak up the sun.
North East Coast, Kiwengwa
A total of 137 rooms are decorated in contemporary style and have been designed to maintain complete privacy. They are equipped with large comfortable bathrooms with bathtub, outdoor tropical rain showers (except the Romance Pavilions), private terrace or balcony and most of them have a side view of the Indian Ocean.
Melia Garden Rooms
Situated on the ground floor.
Melia Terrace Rooms
On the first floor.
Situated on the first floor.
Ocean View Bungalows
Located on the cliff top with spectacular views
Are on the Ocean Front.
Are on the first floor.
Have a secluded garden location and their own private pool and solarium.
- Private terrace or balcony
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Mosquito nets
- In room safe
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Mini bar
- High speed internet cable
- Flat screen TV
- Large bathtub
- Independent shower
- Deluxe amenities
- Hair dryer
- Bathrobes and slippers
The resort operates on an All Inclusive basis
All Inclusive package for Garden, Terrace and Family Rooms include
- Breakfast in Spices Restaurant, Lunch in Spices, at the Pool Bar and at Gabi Beach
- Dinner in Spices or the Jetty Lounge.
- Daily minibar refill (2 small bottles of water, 2 small bottles of soft drink and 2 small bottles of beer)
- In room tea and coffee facilities
- Selected drinks (marked with a star on all menus) and snacks served from 10h00 to 00h00
- Towel service at the pool and Gabi Beach
- Tennis Court and table tennis
- Kids Club (4 – 12 years)
- Aqua gym, pool games and daily activity programmes
- Nightly entertainment
- Complimentary WiFi in the main building
- Use of the fitness centre including gymnasium and sauna
- Complimentary shuttle from the main Building to Gabi Beach
The Level All Inclusive applicable for Romance Pavilions, Suites and Villas includes
- All of the above PLUS
- An a ’la carte breakfast is available in The Level Lounge and a la carte dinner is available at Aqua
- Daily minibar refill (2 small bottles of water, 2 small bottles of soft drink, 2 small bottles of beer, a small bottle of wine and a small bottle of spirits)
- Premium drinks in all outlets served from 10h00 to 00h00
- Exclusive solarium area in the pool garden – snacks and drinks served during the day
- 40% discount on Bali Bed packages at Gabi Beach
- A one hour massage per adult per stay (for stays more than 4 nights only)
- 15% discount on Spa massages
- 24 hour room service
Spice Market is the main buffet restaurant with 3 spectacular open show cooking islands and a beautiful terrace for alfresco dining. Theme evenings and live evening entertainment are some of the highlights.
Aqua is perched on the cliff side overlooking the ocean and offers a Mediterranean fusion menu. It is open for dinner only.
Pool Bar & Restaurant
Pool Bar & Restaurant is located alongside the main infinity pool and is a perfect venue for light meals, sandwiches and snacks.
Gabi Beach Club
Gabi Beach Club is tucked under the palm trees and is open from 10h00 to 18h00. An informal atmosphere with chill out music, bar, a grill menu and a pizza oven.
Once a week the restaurant hosts a Swahili evening with typical local food (seasonal).
One of the resort’s landmarks open for cocktails and dinners.
The Library bar
The Library bar is open until late in the evening and is air-conditioned.
Reminiscent of the days when Out of Africa author Karen Blixen came to this timeless paradise, experiences at The Spa provide an authentic connection between breathtaking landscapes, rich history and local culture.
Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Gabi Beach is situated at the top of the property and offers a beach towel service, sunbeds, umbrellas and Balinese beds (daily charge to rent). There are restrooms, bar and restaurant facilities, a beach volley ball court, complimentary kayaks and kite surfing lessons (chargeable)
- Tennis Court
- Table tennis
- Infinity pool
- PADI diving centre
- Fitness Centre (open 24 hours)
- Daily activity programme
- Evening entertainment (seasonal)
- Kids Club
- Conference room and meeting facilities
- Jewellery and souvenir shops
Follow the trail of the sultans, slaves and explorers in the winding streets of Stone Town. Revisit the history of Zanzibar in this treasure trove town and learn about the events that shaped Zanzibar. This walking tour provides you with a window into modern life in Stone Town. This tour is very flexible and can be adapted to suit your interest and time.
The Sultan Panorama Tour is ideal for visitors with little time wishing to experience a bit of everything Zanzibar has to offer. A full day excursion, starting in Stone Town, with visits to the old slave market, Darajani market, a spice farm and a local village. Cooking, weaving, building houses and playing with the children,
you’ll have chance to see what life is like for Zanzibar citizens.
An informative and action packed day, this tour gives a taste of everything found in all other Zanzibar excursions and is strongly recommended as a first excursion.
Prison Island gets its name from the prison built to condemn Zanzibar citizens to the isolation of the island. Previously owned by an Arab to house his rebellious slaves, the prison was never used, and the island is now home to a tortoise sanctuary, prison ruins and hotel. Prison Island is 20 minutes from Stone Town by boat and is surrounded by a spectacular coral reef. For the more active, there is a hiking trail.
In days past, Zanzibar was known as a spice island, exporting cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world.
The spices were brought over from Asia and South America and flourished in the tropical Zanzibar climate. Today the
plantations are a tribute to the island’s past – walk through the spice farm with your guide whilst you touch, smell and taste different spices and tropical fruits. A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the opportunity to try some Swahili dishes.
In the south of the island, Jozani Forest is a wonder and delight, with tales of Zanzibar leopards, medicinal cures and beautiful scenery. The forest is home to a number of endemic species, including the Zanzibar Red Colobus Monkey. Your guide will take you on a nature trail, lined with eucalyptus and mahogany trees and explain the medicinal properties of various plants. Learn about the various animal species, birds and reptiles that make their home
in the various habitats of this tropical rainforest. The mangrove boardwalk takes you above the swamp, where, depending on the tide, you can see tropical fish flitting between the mangrove roots and crabs scuttling across.
Sunset Dolphin Dhow Cruises
The Original Dhow Safaris operates the spectacular Sunset Dolphin Cruise in one of Zanzibar’s truly unique dhows, used for centuries to navigate the coast of Africa. Experience one of the most romantic sights in the world as pods of dolphins glide through the water. Enjoy traditional canapés with a glass or wine or beer during the two hour dhow cruise.
Sand Bank Picnic
Set sail towards Prison Island. Watch giant tortoises shuffle through the trees, discover the amazing underwater sea life before heading off to the sand bank, a seemingly uninhabited and quiet bank in the ocean which suddenly comes to life with millions of birds flying overhead and ghost crabs scurrying across the golden sands. After lunch relax on the sandbank listening to the hush of waves lapping against the shore. For the more active visitor, discover more of the breathtaking underwater life around the sandbank, before slowly sailing back to Stone Town.