- Return flights to Zanzibar
- Return resort transfers
- 7 nights accommodation in a Swahili Room
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily. PLUS soft drinks, juices, selected wine, local beer, coffee & tea served at the restaurant during meals & at the Pool Bar from 10h00 to 24h00.
- Selected cocktails & spirits served after 18h00 at the Pool Bar
- All taxes, levies & surcharges (estimate)
Travel dates and rates:
01 Apr – 30 Jun 2023
From R20 260 + approx taxes of R4 530. Total R24 790
* Package includes a 20% early bird discount – book and pay by 17 December 2022
We Value Your Business – Price Match Commitment!
If you find a better price online, please send us a copy of the online price and we will endeavour to match the rate.
Please request an updated quotation.
Honeymoon Value Adds:
Your visa which is obtained on arrival.
Zanzibar is a Malaria area and precautions are recommended.
Terms and Conditions:
- All pricing is per person sharing unless otherwise stated
- Blackout dates and seasonal surcharges may apply depending on the date of travel
- Prices are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside of our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases
- Prices are provided as a guideline, please contact us before choosing your holiday package and we will happily provide you with a written quotation for your specific travel requirements
- Leisure Island Holidays reserves the right to correct any pricing errors or omissions (E&OE)
- Terms and conditions apply. See the link at the bottom of our site for further T&C
Named for the century old, magnificent baobab trees dotted around the resort, Sandies Baobab Beach Resort is located on the North West Coast of Zanzibar.
This hotel has a stunning beach that is unaffected by the changing tides so guests can take full advantage of swimming in the crystal waters at any time of the day and enjoying the magical sunsets.
North West Coast, Nungwi
The resort has 105 rooms in five different categories.
All rooms are located on the ground floor and have a garden view with the exception of the Superior Rooms which are located on ground and first floors.
20 Swahili Rooms (Size: 27 m2)
39 Garden Rooms (Size: 25 m2)
22 Superior Rooms (Size: 38 m2)
14 Family Rooms (Size: 45 m2)
10 Deluxe Rooms (Size: 32 m2)
- King or twin beds with mosquito nets
- Air conditioning
- In room safe
- Walk in shower
- Hair dryer
Meal Plan – All Inclusive includes:
- Welcome cocktail
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served at the buffet restaurant
- Soft drinks, juices, selected wine, local beer, coffee and tea served at the restaurant during meals and at the Pool Bar from 10h00 to 24h00
- Selected cocktails and spirits served after 18h00 at the Pool Bar
The Beach Gallery Restaurant
Serves buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner with International and Italian cuisine
The Pool Bar
Serves refreshing drinks, fruit juices, selected wine, local beer, coffee/tea, snacks and pastries during the day. Selected spirits and cocktails are available after 18h00.
Open from 10h00 to midnight.
The Mvua Massage Centre offers peaceful respite from the fun and sun
Available in the lobby area
FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Swimming pool
- Daily gymnastic activities
- Table tennis
- Beach volley
- Beach soccer
- Non-motorised watersports (a supplementary charge my apply)
- Evening entertainment programme and live music
- Lounge with satellite TV and sport channels
- Babysitting (on request)
Follow the trail of the sultans, slaves and explorers in the winding streets of Stone Town. Revisit the history of Zanzibar in this treasure trove town and learn about the events that shaped Zanzibar. This walking tour provides you with a window into modern life in Stone Town. This tour is very flexible and can be adapted to suit your interest and time.
The Sultan Panorama Tour is ideal for visitors with little time wishing to experience a bit of everything Zanzibar has to offer. A full day excursion, starting in Stone Town, with visits to the old slave market, Darajani market, a spice farm and a local village. Cooking, weaving, building houses and playing with the children,
you’ll have chance to see what life is like for Zanzibar citizens.
An informative and action packed day, this tour gives a taste of everything found in all other Zanzibar excursions and is strongly recommended as a first excursion.
Prison Island gets its name from the prison built to condemn Zanzibar citizens to the isolation of the island. Previously owned by an Arab to house his rebellious slaves, the prison was never used, and the island is now home to a tortoise sanctuary, prison ruins and hotel. Prison Island is 20 minutes from Stone Town by boat and is surrounded by a spectacular coral reef. For the more active, there is a hiking trail.
In days past, Zanzibar was known as a spice island, exporting cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world.
The spices were brought over from Asia and South America and flourished in the tropical Zanzibar climate. Today the
plantations are a tribute to the island’s past – walk through the spice farm with your guide whilst you touch, smell and taste different spices and tropical fruits. A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the opportunity to try some Swahili dishes.
In the south of the island, Jozani Forest is a wonder and delight, with tales of Zanzibar leopards, medicinal cures and beautiful scenery. The forest is home to a number of endemic species, including the Zanzibar Red Colobus Monkey. Your guide will take you on a nature trail, lined with eucalyptus and mahogany trees and explain the medicinal properties of various plants. Learn about the various animal species, birds and reptiles that make their home
in the various habitats of this tropical rainforest. The mangrove boardwalk takes you above the swamp, where, depending on the tide, you can see tropical fish flitting between the mangrove roots and crabs scuttling across.
Sunset Dolphin Dhow Cruises
The Original Dhow Safaris operates the spectacular Sunset Dolphin Cruise in one of Zanzibar’s truly unique dhows, used for centuries to navigate the coast of Africa. Experience one of the most romantic sights in the world as pods of dolphins glide through the water. Enjoy traditional canapés with a glass or wine or beer during the two hour dhow cruise.
Sand Bank Picnic
Set sail towards Prison Island. Watch giant tortoises shuffle through the trees, discover the amazing underwater sea life before heading off to the sand bank, a seemingly uninhabited and quiet bank in the ocean which suddenly comes to life with millions of birds flying overhead and ghost crabs scurrying across the golden sands. After lunch relax on the sandbank listening to the hush of waves lapping against the shore. For the more active visitor, discover more of the breathtaking underwater life around the sandbank, before slowly sailing back to Stone Town.