- Return flights to Zanzibar ex Johannesburg
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights accommodation in a Deluxe Garden Side Ocean View Room at the Neptune Pwani Beach
- All meals and selected beverages
Travel dates and rates:
01 Jul – 31 Aug 2019
From R26 915 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R28 125
NEW – LEISURE ISLAND HOLIDAYS – MEMBERSHIP CLUB!
Few things in life beat a Tropical Island Holiday. The joy of escaping the everyday, finding your fun in the sun and spending quality time with your loved ones is priceless. Above all, Leisure Island Holidays Membership Club gives you the chance to truly enjoy a setting that is Paradise.
Leisure Island Holidays Membership Club allows you to receive your Tropical Island Holiday package @COST, making it a unique concept in island travel! Receive your affordable Tropical Island Holiday at Cost & Save thousands in Rand!!
Don’t delay, Join Today!
We Value Your Business – Price Match Commitment!
If you find a better price online, please send us a copy of the online price and we will endeavour to match the rate.
Please contact us for an updated rate.
Fruit basket and flowers in room upon arrival (valid within 9 months of wedding)
Your visa which is obtained on arrival.
Zanzibar is a Malaria area and precautions are recommended.
Terms and Conditions:
- All pricing is per person sharing unless otherwise stated
- Blackout dates and seasonal surcharges may apply depending on the date of travel
- Prices are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside of our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases
- Prices are provided as a guideline, please contact us before choosing your holiday package and we will happily provide you with a written quotation for your specific travel requirements
- Leisure Island Holidays reserves the right to correct any pricing errors or omissions (E&OE)
- Terms and conditions apply. See the link at the bottom of our site for further T&C.
The latest addition to the prestigious Plan Hotel Group, Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is a uniquely spectacular Resort. It’s situated on Kiwengwa, one of the best beaches in East Africa. With breathtaking vistas over the exquisite Indian Ocean, it provides a spectacular setting for all kinds of Zanzibar vacations. The entire Resort is decorated using Swahili themes and styles. The stylish Zanzibari furnishings are distinctly exotic, giving the feel of a true Zanzibar palace. Add to this every luxury and more, and you have a Resort that’s entirely unforgettable.
Zanzibar East Coast, Kiwengwa.
Tanzanian Shilling, USD also accepted.
- 72 Deluxe Sea View rooms built on two level blocks and each have a terrace with an ocean view
- 78 Deluxe Sea Side rooms built on two level blocks, each room have a terrace with an ocean view
- 4 Suites have been built on the beach front directly facing the sea and all have a separate living room and a private jacuzzi.
- Individual climate control
- TV with satellite channels
- Stocked mini bar
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Digital in room personal safe
- Telephone via operator
- Shaver plug point
- Electricity 220V 50 Hz
- Main restaurant
With dining outdoor facilities, serves lavish buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Special theme nights are organized on a weekly basis with a fusion of light and tasty international cuisine and favourite local dishes.
- Samaki a’ la carte restaurant
Serves seafood and fusion cuisine accompanied by refreshing cocktails in a refined and peaceful ambience. The restaurant opens only for dinner.
- Pizzeria restaurant
Serves fresh baked pizza and soft drinks, fruit juices, beer, house wine for dinner. Dining it’s included in the all inclusive package once per stay.
- Ngalawa snack bar
Offers cool drinks and snacks throughout the day, afternoon tea and a variety of cocktails and drinks. Open from 10 am to midnight
- Pool Bar
The bar lies in the middle of the swimming pool overlooking the ocean and serves a wide selection of soft drinks,
Mvua African Rain Spa:
- Immersed in a relaxing atmosphere of warm and very friendly hospitality and enveloped by the fragrance of local spices, guests are pampered, looked after and receive the great added feeling of being home in an truly exotic destination.
Resort facilities and activities:
- Watersports and activities (some at a supplement)
- Sailing and windsurfing courses
- Water gym
- Water polo
- Beach volley
- Volley ball
- Table tennis
- Table games
Follow the trail of the sultans, slaves and explorers in the winding streets of Stone Town. Revisit the history of Zanzibar in this treasure trove town and learn about the events that shaped Zanzibar. This walking tour provides you with a window into modern life in Stone Town. This tour is very flexible and can be adapted to suit your interest and time.
The Sultan Panorama Tour is ideal for visitors with little time wishing to experience a bit of everything Zanzibar has to offer. A full day excursion, starting in Stone Town, with visits to the old slave market, Darajani market, a spice farm and a local village. Cooking, weaving, building houses and playing with the children,
you’ll have chance to see what life is like for Zanzibar citizens.
An informative and action packed day, this tour gives a taste of everything found in all other Zanzibar excursions and is strongly recommended as a first excursion.
Prison Island gets its name from the prison built to condemn Zanzibar citizens to the isolation of the island. Previously owned by an Arab to house his rebellious slaves, the prison was never used, and the island is now home to a tortoise sanctuary, prison ruins and hotel. Prison Island is 20 minutes from Stone Town by boat and is surrounded by a spectacular coral reef. For the more active, there is a hiking trail.
In days past, Zanzibar was known as a spice island, exporting cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world.
The spices were brought over from Asia and South America and flourished in the tropical Zanzibar climate. Today the
plantations are a tribute to the island’s past – walk through the spice farm with your guide whilst you touch, smell and taste different spices and tropical fruits. A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the opportunity to try some Swahili dishes.
In the south of the island, Jozani Forest is a wonder and delight, with tales of Zanzibar leopards, medicinal cures and beautiful scenery. The forest is home to a number of endemic species, including the Zanzibar Red Colobus Monkey. Your guide will take you on a nature trail, lined with eucalyptus and mahogany trees and explain the medicinal properties of various plants. Learn about the various animal species, birds and reptiles that make their home
in the various habitats of this tropical rainforest. The mangrove boardwalk takes you above the swamp, where, depending on the tide, you can see tropical fish flitting between the mangrove roots and crabs scuttling across.
Sunset Dolphin Dhow Cruises
The Original Dhow Safaris operates the spectacular Sunset Dolphin Cruise in one of Zanzibar’s truly unique dhows, used for centuries to navigate the coast of Africa. Experience one of the most romantic sights in the world as pods of dolphins glide through the water. Enjoy traditional canapés with a glass or wine or beer during the two hour dhow cruise.
Sand Bank Picnic
Set sail towards Prison Island. Watch giant tortoises shuffle through the trees, discover the amazing underwater sea life before heading off to the sand bank, a seemingly uninhabited and quiet bank in the ocean which suddenly comes to life with millions of birds flying overhead and ghost crabs scurrying across the golden sands. After lunch relax on the sandbank listening to the hush of waves lapping against the shore. For the more active visitor, discover more of the breathtaking underwater life around the sandbank, before slowly sailing back to Stone Town.