- Return flights to Zanzibar on the scheduled, direct services of Mango
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights accommodation in a Junior Suite at the 5-star Riu Palace
- All meals and selected beverages
- Canoes, water gym, stretching, beach volley, table tennis, gym, tennis court, Stocked minibar in the room, Beach towels, sun beds & beach umbrellas.
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- All taxes, levies & surcharges (estimate)
Travel dates and rates:
01 May – 31 May 2021
From R18 720 + approx taxes of R1 230. Total R19 950
*15% Early Bird Discount included – Book by 30 April
01 Jun – 19 Jun 2021
From R21 020 + approx taxes of R1 230. Total R22 250
*15% Early Bird Discount included – Book by 30 April
We Value Your Business – Price Match Commitment!
If you find a better price online, please send us a copy of the online price and we will endeavour to match the rate.
Please request an updated quote.
Your visa which is obtained on arrival. Items of a personal nature.
Zanzibar is a Malaria area and precautions are recommended.
Terms and Conditions:
- All pricing is per person sharing unless otherwise stated
- Blackout dates and seasonal surcharges may apply depending on the date of travel
- Prices are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside of our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases
- Prices are provided as a guideline, please contact us before choosing your holiday package and we will happily provide you with a written quotation for your specific travel requirements
- Leisure Island Holidays reserves the right to correct any pricing errors or omissions (E&OE)
- Terms and conditions apply. See the link at the bottom of our site for further T&C
North West Coast
100 luxuriously appointed ocean front accommodations, all with private balcony and decorated with contemporary, stylish furniture that evoke the island’s Arabic-African and Colonial heritage.
87 Luxury Suites
7 Luxury Superior Junior Suites conveniently located adjacent to the Spa and beachfront
2 Luxury Jacuzzi Suites with Jacuzzi and private garden
3 Prestige Beach Villas with private infinity pool
1 Presidential Ocean Front Villa with private infinity pool and Jacuzzi
• Individual climate controlled air-conditioning
• Ceiling fan
• TV with satellite channels
• CD/DVD player
• Direct dial telephone
• In room safe
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• Broadband internet
• Butler Service is reserved for guests who are accommodated in a Superior Junior Suite, Jacuzzi Suite, Prestige Beach Villa or the Presidential Villas.
All Inclusive concept
• Welcome cocktail.
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Aqua Restaurant.
• Soft drinks, house wine, local beer, juices, water, tea, coffee served in the Aqua Restaurant
• Snacks throughout the day plus soft drinks, in-house wine, cocktails, local beer, juices, water, tea and coffee from 10h00 to midnight at the Sunset Bar Living & Pool Area.
• Morning and afternoon teas and cool drinks, soft drinks, juices throughout the day at the Makuti Beach Bar.
• Horizon Terrace Shisha & Cigar Lounge from 18h00 to midnight.
• In-room stocked minibar – soft drinks, local beer and water.
• Daily activities and sports per weekly recreational agenda including water gym, fitness, yoga, beach volley
• Water sports only at the resort beach, snorkelling, kayaking and windsurfing equipment.
• Evening entertainment programme.
The main restaurant located on the beach, featuring indoor and outdoor seating areas.
A lavish buffet is served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy international cuisine with a special hint of Zanzibar spices.
Ishi-Teppanyaki Ishi offers fans of Oriental food (Thai, Chinese & Japanese) the occasion to enjoy tasty and delicious creations, in an oriental and multi-ethnic atmosphere. This á la carte restaurant is located on the beach and opens for dinner.
A variety of meat including Impala, Ostrich, Crocodile and Zebra are roasted over charcoal and carved at your table. The Carnivorous is not only for meat-lovers! Fish and vegetables lovers are also welcome and the chefs will grill fish and vegetable over the coals as well. Open for dinner.
Offers soft drinks, exotic cocktails and teas throughout the day.
Horizon Terrace Cigar and Shisha Lounge
Located on top of the Sunset Bar, this elegantly decorated lounge offers an excellent selection of cigars and Shishas, wines and spirits.
A relaxed environment that serves drinks whilst you enjoy the fabulous sunsets.
The Beach Bar
Located directly on the beach, this bar offers a selection of drinks and snacks whilst you relax on your sunbed.
• Hideaway Spa & Health Club
• Hide and Seek Kids Club (ages 4 to 12 years)
• Excursions Office Centre
• Diving School
• Daily activities (water aerobics, stretching, jogging, yoga, beach volleyball)
• Windsurfing and canoeing equipment
• Evening entertainment / Disco
no images were found
Follow the trail of the sultans, slaves and explorers in the winding streets of Stone Town. Revisit the history of Zanzibar in this treasure trove town and learn about the events that shaped Zanzibar. This walking tour provides you with a window into modern life in Stone Town. This tour is very flexible and can be adapted to suit your interest and time.
The Sultan Panorama Tour is ideal for visitors with little time wishing to experience a bit of everything Zanzibar has to offer. A full day excursion, starting in Stone Town, with visits to the old slave market, Darajani market, a spice farm and a local village. Cooking, weaving, building houses and playing with the children, you’ll have chance to see what life is like for Zanzibar citizens.
An informative and action packed day, this tour gives a taste of everything found in all other Zanzibar excursions and is strongly recommended as a first excursion.
Prison Island gets its name from the prison built to condemn Zanzibar citizens to the isolation of the island. Previously owned by an Arab to house his rebellious slaves, the prison was never used, and the island is now home to a tortoise sanctuary, prison ruins and hotel. Prison Island is 20 minutes from Stone Town by boat and is surrounded by a spectacular coral reef. For the more active, there is a hiking trail.
In days past, Zanzibar was known as a spice island, exporting cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world.
The spices were brought over from Asia and South America and flourished in the tropical Zanzibar climate. Today the
plantations are a tribute to the island’s past – walk through the spice farm with your guide whilst you touch, smell and taste different spices and tropical fruits. A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the opportunity to try some Swahili dishes.
In the south of the island, Jozani Forest is a wonder and delight, with tales of Zanzibar leopards, medicinal cures and beautiful scenery. The forest is home to a number of endemic species, including the Zanzibar Red Colobus Monkey. Your guide will take you on a nature trail, lined with eucalyptus and mahogany trees and explain the medicinal properties of various plants. Learn about the various animal species, birds and reptiles that make their home
in the various habitats of this tropical rainforest. The mangrove boardwalk takes you above the swamp, where, depending on the tide, you can see tropical fish flitting between the mangrove roots and crabs scuttling across.
Sunset Dolphin Dhow Cruises
The Original Dhow Safaris operates the spectacular Sunset Dolphin Cruise in one of Zanzibar’s truly unique dhows, used for centuries to navigate the coast of Africa. Experience one of the most romantic sights in the world as pods of dolphins glide through the water. Enjoy traditional canapés with a glass or wine or beer during the two hour dhow cruise.
Sand Bank Picnic
Set sail towards Prison Island. Watch giant tortoises shuffle through the trees, discover the amazing underwater sea life before heading off to the sand bank, a seemingly uninhabited and quiet bank in the ocean which suddenly comes to life with millions of birds flying overhead and ghost crabs scurrying across the golden sands. After lunch relax on the sandbank listening to the hush of waves lapping against the shore. For the more active visitor, discover more of the breathtaking underwater life around the sandbank, before slowly sailing back to Stone Town.