- Return flights to Zanzibar ex Johannesburg
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights accommodation in a Luxury Garden Villa at the 5-star The Residence Zanzibar
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily (All Inclusive)
- Non-motorised watersports including daily snorkelling from the jetty, yoga sessions, tennis including equipment & bicycles
Travel dates and rates:
01 Mar – 30 Jun 2019
From R34 745 + approx taxes of R1 210. Total R35 955
*35% Early Bird Discount included – Book and pay 90 days prior to departure
From R46 580 + approx taxes of R1210. Total R47 790
NEW – LEISURE ISLAND HOLIDAYS – MEMBERSHIP CLUB!
Few things in life beat a Tropical Island Holiday. The joy of escaping the everyday, finding your fun in the sun and spending quality time with your loved ones is priceless. Above all, Leisure Island Holidays Membership Club gives you the chance to truly enjoy a setting that is Paradise.
Leisure Island Holidays Membership Club allows you to receive your Tropical Island Holiday package @COST, making it a unique concept in island travel! Receive your affordable Tropical Island Holiday at Cost & Save thousands in Rand!!
Don’t delay, Join Today!
We Value Your Business – Price Match Commitment!
If you find a better price online, please send us a copy of the online price and we will endeavour to match the rate.
Honeymoon rates and dates:
Please contact us for an updated quotation.
Your visa which is obtained on arrival.
Zanzibar is a Malaria area and precautions are recommended.
Terms and Conditions:
- All pricing is per person sharing unless otherwise stated
- Blackout dates and seasonal surcharges may apply depending on the date of travel
- Prices are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside of our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases
- Prices are provided as a guideline, please contact us before choosing your holiday package and we will happily provide you with a written quotation for your specific travel requirements
- Leisure Island Holidays reserves the right to correct any pricing errors or omissions (E&OE)
- Terms and conditions apply. See the link at the bottom of our site for further T&C.
The Residence Zanzibar incorporates various influences of the island’s history to create a unique ambiance where guests are indulged in an elegant and sophisticated yet casual atmosphere. The Swahili, Omani, English and Indian influences will ensure a delightful journey of unsurpassed service, gastronomy and thorough wellbeing.
Tanzanian Shilling, USD also accepted.
- 34 Luxury Garden Pool Villas – one bedroom
- 13 Luxury Ocean Front Pool Villas – one bedroom
- 11 Prestige Ocean Front Pool Villas – one bedroom
- 5 Frangipani Garden Pool Villas – two bedrooms
- 2 Frangipani Ocean Front Pool villas – two bedrooms
- 1 Presidential Pool Villa – two bedrooms
The Dining Room (for breakfast, lunch and dinner)
This central restaurant offers international dishes with a hint of Zanzibar “spice”.
The Pavilion Restaurant (Dinner 7.00pm – 10.30pm)
Dinner is filled with the warmth and colours of Zanzibar and brings to life the very best of Middle-Eastern, Greek, Turkish and Mediterranean food.
Beach & Poolside (Lunch 12 noon – 4.00pm)
The menu includes a selection of salads, fresh seafood, fritters and pasta.
In-villa private dining
Available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, guests can enjoy the elegant and refined experience of dining on their private deck (no extra cost for the delivery).
Sundown Special (6.00pm – 7.30pm)
Cocktails and canapés are served around the pool or on the Pontoon.
The Library Bar
Guests will step back into colonial splendour and follow Dr Livingstone’s journey. They can leaf through books whilst indulging in an old malt whisky or a more traditional aperitif.
The Dining Room Bar
The Dining Room Bar gives a taste of old Persia with local wood and a hammered copper bar.
The Spa has 6 treatment pavilions, nestled amongst 2 hectares of beautiful gardens. Each luxuriously appointed pavilion leads directly onto a private garden with outdoor shower, bathtub and relaxation area. French therapist Jean MarcWeill has created an array of massages exclusively for the Spa at The Residence Zanzibar. All the beauty treatments have been entrusted to The luxury French cosmetic brand Carita. Open 11h00 – 22h00.
- Private butler service
- Complimentary in-limo amenities, cold towels, chilled water and cookies
- In-villa guest registration
- Unpacking and packing service
- In-villa complimentary amenities will include fresh fruits, bottled water, chocolates, cookies, a choice of herbal teas
- Complimentary sorbets, iced water and fruit skewers offered on the beach
- 24-hour in-villa dining
- A huge swimming pool (41 m x 14 m)
- 1 Boutique
- DVD Library
- Bicycles for each villa
- Golf buggy transportation
- In-house laundry and dry cleaning
- Broadband Internet access in villas
- Tour and excursion service.
- Free of charge
- From 3 – 14 years, free of charge (Open daily 9.00am- 5.00pm).
The Residence Zanzibar offers daily activities. Trained staff will entertain the children and introduce them to the wonders that Zanzibar and the local community have to offer. Babysitting available at extra charge.
Follow the trail of the sultans, slaves and explorers in the winding streets of Stone Town. Revisit the history of Zanzibar in this treasure trove town and learn about the events that shaped Zanzibar. This walking tour provides you with a window into modern life in Stone Town. This tour is very flexible and can be adapted to suit your interest and time.
The Sultan Panorama Tour is ideal for visitors with little time wishing to experience a bit of everything Zanzibar has to offer. A full day excursion, starting in Stone Town, with visits to the old slave market, Darajani market, a spice farm and a local village. Cooking, weaving, building houses and playing with the children, you’ll have chance to see what life is like for Zanzibar citizens.
An informative and action packed day, this tour gives a taste of everything found in all other Zanzibar excursions and is strongly recommended as a first excursion.
Prison Island gets its name from the prison built to condemn Zanzibar citizens to the isolation of the island. Previously owned by an Arab to house his rebellious slaves, the prison was never used, and the island is now home to a tortoise sanctuary, prison ruins and hotel. Prison Island is 20 minutes from Stone Town by boat and is surrounded by a spectacular coral reef. For the more active, there is a hiking trail.
In days past, Zanzibar was known as a spice island, exporting cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world.
The spices were brought over from Asia and South America and flourished in the tropical Zanzibar climate. Today the
plantations are a tribute to the island’s past – walk through the spice farm with your guide whilst you touch, smell and taste different spices and tropical fruits. A visit to a spice farm village gives you an insight into local life and the opportunity to try some Swahili dishes.
In the south of the island, Jozani Forest is a wonder and delight, with tales of Zanzibar leopards, medicinal cures and beautiful scenery. The forest is home to a number of endemic species, including the Zanzibar Red Colobus Monkey. Your guide will take you on a nature trail, lined with eucalyptus and mahogany trees and explain the medicinal properties of various plants. Learn about the various animal species, birds and reptiles that make their home
in the various habitats of this tropical rainforest. The mangrove boardwalk takes you above the swamp, where, depending on the tide, you can see tropical fish flitting between the mangrove roots and crabs scuttling across.
Sunset Dolphin Dhow Cruises
The Original Dhow Safaris operates the spectacular Sunset Dolphin Cruise in one of Zanzibar’s truly unique dhows, used for centuries to navigate the coast of Africa. Experience one of the most romantic sights in the world as pods of dolphins glide through the water. Enjoy traditional canapés with a glass or wine or beer during the two hour dhow cruise.
Sand Bank Picnic
Set sail towards Prison Island. Watch giant tortoises shuffle through the trees, discover the amazing underwater sea life before heading off to the sand bank, a seemingly uninhabited and quiet bank in the ocean which suddenly comes to life with millions of birds flying overhead and ghost crabs scurrying across the golden sands. After lunch relax on the sandbank listening to the hush of waves lapping against the shore. For the more active visitor, discover more of the breathtaking underwater life around the sandbank, before slowly sailing back to Stone Town.